Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thank you

Thank you for praying with us as our family supports Pops through his recovery. As you probably know, they found a tumor {adenocarcinoma} last week in his stomach. It is at the GE Junction where the esophagus and the stomach come together and referred to cardia cancer. Typing out that sentence was an education in itself for me. I asked Mimi and Pops if I could set up some type of social media site for those who would like updates or to know how to specifically pray to easily get an update. Pops agreed as long as he did not have to do the updating. Those of you who know Pops well are probably smiling right now as you read that. I'm pretty sure that he knows I need a purpose or job to do in this to keep me busy right now, and so he agreed. If I am on the computer, I am not being the hovering daughter-in-law, right?

Pretty soon after Bart proposed I began referencing Dan and Linda as Mom and Dad. Once our children were born, it has been all about Mimi and Pops. I have rewritten this first post four times and can't seem to figure out if I should say Pops, Dan or Dad. If this wasn't such a personal subject, it would probably be easier. Just know as you read updates that Pops, Dan and Dad in the context of this blog all refer to my one of a kind amazing father-in-law. Mimi, Mom or Linda would be my amazing mother-in-law who would know exactly how to word this because that is one of her many specialities. She loves me enough to over look grammatical errors.

The bleeding appears to be under control, and Pops is now at home. We still only know for certain the details above and that at least two more tests {PET scan and abdominal ultrasound} are needed before they can determine "the plan". We are moving toward a decision as to which doctors and where to seek treatment. Pops said last week that he was ready to get on the horse and beat this, but at this point we are still one foot in the stirrup. What we would like to specifically ask of you today is that you pray for wisdom and complete peace for this first important decision.

Lamentations 3:22-25 Merciful and faithful Lord, because of Your great love I am not consumed, for Your compassions never fail. They are new every morning: great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lord, You are good to those whose hope is in You, to the one who seeks You.

No comments: